The government has announced that PF accounts for private employees will now earn 8% income. For fiscal year 2022-2023, the government said that private workers’ PF accounts will earn an interest rate of 8.15 percent.This rate of interest is based on the money you put into your account during the fiscal year 2022-2023.You can find these information in your PF Passbook.This guide will show you how to use the Internet to check your PF passbook.We will also tell you what you need to know about your PF account.
How to verify your PF Passbook
Step 1: Open UAN Portal in Your Computer or mobile
Visit the UAN Portal by clicking on this link:https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. The UAN Member eSEWA Login box is located on the right side of the homepage. Three fields are required:
- Enter your UAN in the first box.
- Enter your UAN password into the second box.
- Enter the Captcha Code displayed in the third box.
Click “Login” after you have filled in all the required details.
Step 2: Access Your Passbook
After logging in to your account, move the cursor up the top of the page until you see the option “View”. Click on the “View Passbook” option at the bottom of a list of options.
Step 3: PF Passbook Online Login
While PF Passbook Online Login, the login page will appear. Enter your UAN and password once more. You’ll see a simple math question below. In the blank box, enter the answer, such as 11-3=8. (See screenshot below). Click on “Login” at the bottom.
Step 4: Select your account
After logging in, you will see your name, UAN, and PAN at the top. You’ll then need to select your PF account (Member ID), to see its details.
Step 5: Viewing the Passbook Details
You will be able to view your passbook information by selecting your PF account number.
- This option displays the deposits and withdrawals made for every month in a year.
- The “View Passbook (OLD: FULL)” option shows all deposits and withdrawals, from the very beginning up to the present.
- Selecting “View Claim status” allows you to view past claims, including the process associated with them.
Step 6: Download Passbook
You’ll see the “Download Passbook”, option in the upper left corner as soon as you start to view your passbook statements or records. You can download your PF Passbook in PDF format by clicking on this link. You can print or save it as a digital copy.
Understand the Deposits on Your PF Account
Your company deposits 12% of your monthly salary into your PF account. Moreover, your employer contributes a similar amount to your PF. This amounts to 24% of your PF account being deposited.
8.67% of the 12% employer contribution is diverted into your pension account. The remaining 3.33% goes to your PF. Total, 15.33% is credited into your PF account. This contribution includes the 8.67% that is allocated to your pension account.
Consider factors like past performance, expense rate, track record of the fund manager, and investment strategy when evaluating mutual funds. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
Interest Rates for PF Accounts
The government currently offers an annual interest rate of 8.15 percent on funds deposited in the EPF. This rate will apply to all deposited funds for the 2021-22 financial year. Remember that the EPF interest rate is usually announced during the last months of the year.
These are the methods to check your PF Passbook. Explore our other articles for more information on money and finances.